Mrs Ruth Craig
Contact Details:Email Address: email@example.comTelephone Direct Line: +44 (0)28 9097 4557Room: 1.5
- LLB (QUB)
- CPLS (Institute of Professional Legal Studies
- Ruth Craig was enrolled as a solicitor in 1983 and practised in C.T. McAlpine and Son in Dungannon before coming to the Institute as a lecturer.
- She is a senior lecturer and is currently an associate director at IPLS where she teaches Conveyancing, Client Care and, with Fiona Donnelly, runs the Full Trial Programme.
- Ruth has served on the Academic Quality Council of the College of Law of England and Wales and is currently a member of the AQC of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (UK). She is also a member of the Curriculum Development Unit of the Law Society of Ireland and, in 2007, was a member of the Review Panel appointed by the Law Society of Ireland to review the provision of vocational legal training within that jurisdiction. She is a member of the steering committee of the Consortium for Education, Legal Training and Skills (CELTS) for Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- She is a visiting lecturer at the Law School of the Law Society of Ireland and, together with Anne Fenton, teaches on the MA degree in Higher Education, Legal Professional Education and Skills which is offered by the Law Society of Ireland’s Professional Training department.
- Ruth was a member of the Institute of Learning and Teaching until 2004 and is now a member of the Higher Education Academy.
- She is a member of the sub-committee of the Law Society of Northern Ireland which is responsible for reviewing and updating Pre-contract enquiries and Post-contract requisitions.
- She was consultant editor of ‘Residential Property Law in Northern Ireland’ by Sarah Witchell. She is assistant editor of the Bulletin of Northern Ireland Law (SLS) and is a contributing editor of ‘folio’, Northern Ireland Conveyancing and Land Law Journal.
- Conveyancing 1
- Conveyancing 3
- Bar Conveyancing
- Client Care
- Full Trial Programme
- Commercial Conveyancing Certificate Course
- Private Tenancies Law and Practice Certificate Course