Mission, Vision, Values
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to equip leaders to transform local and global business and society through education and research.
Our vision is to be an internationally engaged, recognised, and accredited management school that interacts with and influences business and society.
We see leadership as an individual and collective process that creates change economically, socially and politically.
For us, leadership is not positional; rather leaders are identified by behaviours and practices that are typified by our values.
Transforming business and society
Transforming business and society relates to the School’s desire to have a positive societal influence that creates a more prosperous, equal and sustainable world.
Our influence is realised through the cumulative impact of the behaviour and practices of our students, staff and alumni.
Local and global
Local connects the school to its context and history within Northern Ireland. We believe QMS has a vital role to play in the transformation of NI towards a more inclusive and outward-looking society, in reshaping the local economy, and in enhancing its global reputation.
Global reflects the international connectedness of the School and our ambition to contribute towards reshaping global business and society.
As a University, Queen’s has five core values in terms of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation. These core values are respect, integrity, excellence, ambition and connected.
These values are at the heart of Queen's Management School, and we seek to impart them to all who participate in the School’s activities. Our values have the helpful acronym ICARE.
- Integrity - leaders who hold themselves and others to account, and are mindful of their ethical, social and environmental responsibilities.
- Connected - leaders who play an active role in global society whilst embracing the unique history and culture of the region.
- Ambition - leaders who pursue personal development, face challenges and seek opportunities as a means to develop robust and dynamic business and society.
- Respect - leaders who act with humility, recognise personal contribution, and have the ability to inspire others as a means to create positive change in society.
- Excellence - leaders who will be known for the pursuit of excellence and will draw on the region’s rich industrial and entrepreneurial heritage to pursue cutting-edge solutions to business and societal problems.