You might have noticed major construction works going on at Riddel Hall campus...
Queen’s Management School is undertaking an exciting expansion that will establish a benchmark of global excellence for one of the top business schools in the UK and Ireland.
A new 6,000 square metre innovative building, adjacent to the listed red-brick Riddel Hall, will become the base for a vibrant student and staff community, providing an enhanced social and educational experience.
When will it open?
The world-class facility is under construction and set to open in the second half of 2023.
Who is it for?
The new facilities are being developed to accommodate the accelerated growth of Queen's Management School. The new building will host academic researchers, postgraduate taught students and postgraduate research students. The social spaces are open to all staff and students - we are keen to establish the space as a vibrant hub for socialising, working and studying. We will also welcome businesses to utilise the space for events and meetings.
The unique spaces have been designed to benefit students with a modern digital infrastructure to interface with media lecture capture, TED Talk provision, collaborative breakout sessions and two-way audio-video communication. New spaces include:
- The Mark Pigott Lecture Theatre – a 250-seat tiered educational space
- 120 seat Harvard Style lecture theatre
- 150 Seat computer laboratory
- New FinTrU Financial Trading Room
- Interactive E-Learning suite
- Project room
- Small study rooms
- Quiet study spaces
The School’s capacity for research will be enhanced with new spaces to host:
- Research centres
- Research fellows
- Expanded space for doctoral students
- Large meetings and other special events
To promote further connections with industry in Northern Ireland and beyond, there will also be new dedicated business spaces:
- Board room
- Executive lounge
- Business engagement and employability hub
- Entrepreneurial accelerator hub
Socialising and collaborating will be encouraged through:
- Postgraduate and staff common rooms
- A café
- Breakout spaces throughout the building