Recruit a Placement Student
The Placement Office at Queen's Management School expertly connects businesses with specific needs with top-quality students to fill industry placements locally, nationally, and globally.
Working closely with employers throughout the placement process, we provide guidance on application timelines, advertise roles through a dedicated website, collate applications, schedule and facilitate interviews, and much more.
Regardless of the size or location of your organisation, employers can benefit from recruiting a placement student. Find out why:
- Your business will gain new ideas and fresh enthusiasm
- An extra resource is a cost-effective, flexible solution to recruitment needs.
- You can train and evaluate placement students for potential graduate opportunities, developing a pipeline.
- Your business will develop links with Queen’s Management School, one of the top business schools in the UK, and the wider University.
- Students come with new skills and knowledge of modern practices and technologies.
- Your existing staff can develop supervisory skills through mentoring a student on placement.
Hear from a placement employer
David Tkalcic, Executive Director at Morgan Stanley, talks about the continued success Morgan Stanley have in accessing and attracting talented students from Queen's Management School.
Through industry placements, we focus on helping students to develop professional and personal skills that will help them to stand out in the job market:
- Students gain valuable work experience in a relevant business area and the chance to develop a range of in-demand work related skills.
- The opportunity to put academic theory into practice and apply textbook learning.
- Creation of a network of industry contacts and subsequent job opportunities.
- An insight into a particular career and future job opportunities, enabling students to make informed career choices.
- Personal as well as professional development including self-confidence, self-discipline and responsibility.
- Experience of job application and adapting to workplace culture within a supported environment.
Hear from a student on placement
Liqun Mao studied a BSc in Actuarial Science and Risk Management and completed her placement at insurance company MetLife in Dublin.
Requirements for Employers
We want to maximise the impact of the internship for both the employer and the student.
- Placements should be relevant for a Management School student, with a relevant job description to allow the student to develop their knowledge and skills
- All placements are paid (no minimum salary stipulated) and insured.
- Employers should assign a named mentor to the placement student, a great opportunity for employers to develop the leadership and management skills of existing junior staff.
Placements are organised through the QMS Placement Office, who have strong relationships with businesses locally, nationally, and globally. Each degree course has a specialist Placement Coordinator to support students.
If you have a placement opportunity and would like to speak to the associated Placement Coordinator, please see details below: