What do I need to know before arrival?
Our pre-arrival guide contains essential information for international students and it is very important that you take the time to read through it. The guide contains information you will need to help you plan your journey to the UK. If you have questions about your journey to Belfast you can contact International Student Support by email email@example.com.
Who do I contact regarding information related to Visas and Immigration?
The International Student Support office provides a professional immigration advice service to international applicants and current international students of the University in relation to visa and immigration matters including applying for your visa to come to the UK and assisting you with any queries you may have. You can visit their web page directly or email the team through firstname.lastname@example.org
Will I manage?
The experience of living and studying in another country is challenging. Some days will be better than others but each day you will become stronger. You need to take things step by step; manage each task by breaking it into manageable chunks. Make an appointment with our International Student Advisor who can guide you through the process. Progress takes hard work but the rewards you will gain from finding solutions and recognising your strengths will help you at every point in your life in the future.
What will happen when I arrive?
At the start of each semester the University holds a Welcome and Orientation programme for new international students. The programme includes lots of useful and interesting sessions and exciting activities to help you make new friends and get settled in to life at Queen's. This year’s programme includes:
- How to speak 'Belfast' - learn about local slang
- Cultural Adjustment - making the most of differences
- Studying at Queen's - preparing you for a different academic experience
- Accommodation - both University and private sector. Learn about how housing contracts work, what is expected of you, and how to make sure you get the best value for money!
- Keeping healthy - from local food to fitness facilities and doctors.
- Having fun!! - join in the busy programme of social events and activities for international students
The first International Welcome and Orientation Programme for the 2019 / 2020 academic year will take place 11 - 15 September 2019. Attendance on the International Welcome and Orientation programme is compulsory, so please ensure that you arrive on time to attend the programme so that you get the best possible start to your studies.