We welcome and encourage applications from outstanding researchers around the world who wish to spend time at Queen’s Management School.
Visiting Scholars Policy
This policy applies to all individuals from other universities and institutions who are funded from sources external to the University and who wish to visit the campus.
- Applicants must make their application well in advance of the proposed commencement of their visit.
- All applicants must have a QMS staff sponsor that they intend to work with.
- Applicants must propose a plan of research for the duration of their visit, preferably one which involves collaboration with a member of staff, and which would contribute to the research objectives of the School.
- Applications may be made at any time of the year and for any length of period not exceeding three years.
- Successful applicants will be allocated a courtesy desk.
- The appointment does not carry any remuneration from the university.
- Upon accepting your Visiting Scholar title, you are signing up to the Terms and Conditions for Holders of Honorary Status.
To apply, please complete the QUB Visiting Scholar Application Form and submit to the School Secretary, Georgina Holmes.
- Visiting Research Students Policy
The Visiting Research Student title enables current registered students from another institution to spend a period of time at the University to conduct research as part of their own studies or as a research placement / internship. Candidates must have an assigned supervisor within Queen’s.
- Queen’s Management School welcomes applications from current registered students at other universities and institutions, across all levels of study. Applicants must provide a copy of their transcript or other proof of their current registration status at their home institution.
- The Visiting Research Student title is not applicable to Doctoral Training Partnership students from other institutions.
- The title can be conferred initially for a maximum period of one year and can be renewed on an annual basis, up to the end of your registration at your home institution. Renewals are subject to the agreement of the School and student must re-apply to extend their title.
- Upon accepting your Visiting Research Student title, you are signing up to the Terms and Conditions for Holders of Honorary Status. Visiting Research Students will not be a registered student at Queen’s University Belfast and will receive no credit or qualification from the University.
- You will not be remunerated by Queen’s University Belfast.
- A bench fee may be charged.
To apply, please complete the QUB Visiting Research Student Application Form and submit to the School Secretary, Georgina Holmes.
You must also provide a copy of your transcript or other proof of your current registration status at your home institution, and a copy of your passport and other relevant documentation with your application.
- International Visiting Fellowship
The QMS International Visiting Fellowship scheme supports outstanding academics from any overseas country to spend up to four weeks conducting research at Queen's Management School. The scheme is open to academics at any career stage, and in any discipline aligned with a QMS department. The scheme will cover travel and accommodation costs for successful applicants.
The next application deadline for this fellowship is 31 May 2023.