The Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Michael McGrath, will launch Chartered Accountants Ireland’s position paper on the benefits and implications of the Irish Government's reforms of its financial reporting and its adoption of international public sector accounting standards. Chaired by Dr Brian Keegan, Director of Advocacy and Voice, Chartered Accountants Ireland, the research findings and recommendations will be presented by the position paper’s authors, Professor Ciaran Connolly and Dr Elaine Stewart of Queen’s University Belfast.
Further information is available at this link.
You can register to attend the event at the following booking link.
The Zoom link for the event will be emailed to registered participants the day before it is due to take place.
- 2.00pm: Welcome – Michael Diviney, Executive Head of Thought Leadership, Chartered Accountants Ireland
- 2.05pm Opening remarks and introductions by the Chair, Dr Brian Keegan, Director of Advocacy and Voice, Chartered Accountants Ireland
- 2:10pm - Keynote address, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Michael McGrath TD
- 2:25pm - Professor Ciaran Connolly and Dr Elaine Stewart, Queen's University Belfast outline their research findings and recommendations
- 2:45pm - Panel discussion chaired by Dr Brian Keegan with:
- Ronnie Downes, Assistant Secretary, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Joan Curry, FCA, Principal Officer, Department of Transport
- Colin Feely, FCA, Partner, Grant Thornton and Chair of the Standing Advisory Group
- Cróna Clohisey, FCA, Public Policy Lead, Chartered Accountants Ireland
- 3:15pm - Q&A, hosted by Dr Brian Keegan
- 3:30 pm - Event close - Michael Diviney
- Event type
Lecture / Talk / Discussion