Life Science Industries
The Careers areas below will take you to additional resources, reports, websites and sources of information to help you plan ahead.
What are the life science industries?
Life Sciences industries are a broad category encompassing the range of industries related to, and driven by, the biological sciences. This range runs from basic laboratory research tools and services through to applications in medicine, agriculture, and even some aspects of environmental and materials sectors.
Life Science Recruitment Agencies
You can use the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) or Agency Central to search for agencies by specialism and location. Recruitment agencies also advertise online recruitment and their websites give a good indication of the roles they recruit for. Agencies listed on this page does not constitute an endorsement of their services.
Northern Ireland- Agencies
The above agencies handle contracts with key employers in the Environmental and Science areas. Contact Mark for Consultant contact information.
Tips when dealing with agencies
- Focus on registering with a small number initially, if you do not receive contact in relation to positions get feedback
- Find agencies who work with different companies, potentially giving you exposure to lots of different jobs
- Check that the agency is a member of the REC.
- Check that the agency deals with employers in your preferred area (remember you can also register for temporary work which may be in an unrelated area, admin, customer service)
- When registering, it is important to make a good impression, so prepare as if you were being interviewed for a job to ensure that the recruitment consultant takes you seriously
- Build a relationship with your consultant and keep in touch to remind them about your skills, abilities and goals, so they represent you accurately.
- If you are not happy with the agency representing you, you can ask them to remove you from their books and not to act for you
- The Consultant’s main client is the employer and not you.
Listed agencies on this page does not constitute an endorsement of their services.