Queen's School of Biological Sciences employ a dedicated Careers and Placement Team who work with students to help explore options and to encourage participation in a range of career development activities including our School Work Placement programme.
From first year and making that Transition to University life - we support and encourage students to develop their confidence, skillsets and to explore the various job markets related to the life sciences and beyond.
Services we provide include:
- One-to-one guidance consultations (throughout your time in the School)
- Careers events with employers through our central Queen's Careers Service and within the School
- A series of tailored workshops and training opportunities
- Sessions on Making applications, Interview skills, Job searching, Labour Market Information and Managing your online presence
- A well established and successful placement programme
- Coordinated employer presentations
- Online career resources
- Regular and tailored careers and employability newsletters with including jobs and development opportunities
- Access to out LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts which provide an opportunity to connect with alumni, view job opportunities and information posts.
A Life Sciences degree is an excellent qualification for securing your future career in a diverse range of industries and employment sectors. Our Royal Society of Biology accredited degrees have a strong reputation with employers. We work with students from the outset to develop the skills demanded by today’s employers.
MyFuture is an online career management system at Queen’s accessed only by students. Use it to search, view, book and apply to jobs, events and appointments.
The QUB Careers website can be accessed by clicking on the button below, discover career support available, events, resources and much more.
The Graduate School website is the gateway for postgraduate students to access resources, support, events and much more
Degree Plus is an opportunity for any current Queen’s student to get involved and gain accreditation from Queen’s for completing extra-curricular work related learning alongside their degree