Physics Work Experience
'Experience Physics in Person and from Home'
The aim of this event is to give you the opportunity to find out a bit more about Physics beyond school level. It is the closest event that we provide to 'Work Experience'.
We ran this event in June 2022 and hope to run it again in 2023, probably in June again, but possibly earlier in 2023. The last event was the first time we ran it 'in person' since the start of the pandemic, but we also had the option of an 'online' event. Going forward we hope to be able to offer both 'in person' and 'online' events in 2023.
We aim to include....
* Interviews with Physics graduates - people in work who studied physics at Queen's
* Presentation of current research in Physics
* In Person - lab/campus tours + experiments + lunch
* Virtual event - Activities to do from home... we plan for everyone to do an experiment on forces between molecules using equipment that everyone will have at home.. full instructions will be provided and one-to-one help with the experiment and data analysis will be available online.
* Information about studying Physics.
* The opportunity to meet and talk to current Physics students in person/online.
Note that this will be an *interactive* programme both in person and online. We also encourage people to work together - so friends are welcome to sign up together and let us know so they can be put on the same day.
At the present time it is not possible to sign up for our events in 2023, but you are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to hear when dates are released and when it is possible to sign up for this event.
Tom Field and Satya Kar
Physics, School of Maths and Physics, Queen's University Belfast