For 2021 we have an online 'work experience' opportunity in Physics at Queen's University Belfast.
'Experience Physics From Home'
The aim of this event is to find out a bit more about Physics beyond school level.
We aim to include....
* Interviews with Physics graduates - people in work who studied physics at Queen's
* Presentation of current research in Physics
* Activities to do from home... we plan for everyone to do an experiment on forces between molecules using equipment that everyone will have at home.. full instructions will be provided and one-to-one help with the experiment and data analysis will be available online.
* Information about studying Physics.
* The opportunity to meet and talk to current Physics students online.
Note that this will be an *interactive* programme and we will be contacting each participant individually to see how the experiments from home are going. We also encourage people to work together - so friends are welcome to sign up together and let us know so they can be put on the same day.
Who is the work experience for... ?
This programme is for pupils who were taking AS level Physics and Maths this year (2020-2021) and who are at least considering taking A2 Physics and Maths next year. Pupils taking Physics and Maths at an equivalent stage (e.g. first year of senior cycle and taking Leaving Cert. next year) are also very welcome to apply
Experience Physics From Home will be available on 18th, 21st and 23rd June. The programme will be the same on each day. - The days will start at 11 am and we anticipate they will finish between 4 and 5 pm.
To sign up please go to
Sign up as soon as possible as we have a limited number of places to offer for this programme
Tom Field and Satya Kar,
Centre for Plasma Physics, School of Maths and Physics, Queen's University Belfast
|Dr Tom Field|