The '6th Annual PIADS CDT Conclave 2021’ is a cross-geographical early-stage research showcase event, organised by the PhD students in their first year of training at the EPSRC and SFI Photonic Integration and Advanced Data Storage (PIADS) Centre for Doctoral Training.
The event will take place over three days on the online video-conferencing platform, Remo. An exciting range of content will be presented with highlights including:
- research presentations and flash talks from PIADS early-stage researchers (ESRs)
- keynote from University of Texas at Arlington Professor Catrina Coleman FIEEE FOSA
- keynote from Nature Photonics International Editor Dr Rachel Pei Chin Won
- a conference-style virtual poster session and industry networking session
- an expert panel discussion exploring the commercial photonics landscape in the UK and Ireland called: "Taking Your PhD to Market: Identifying and Establishing Commercial Opportunity in Academic Photonics Research"
Each day will also include regular networking breakouts dispersed between presentation sessions, allowing students to interact with contributing and attending researchers as well as external partners, NGOs and professional bodies in the form of virtual roundtables and industry booths. This format will provide the opportunity for fruitful career discussion and inspire intra- and inter-university collaborations.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved in future PIADS CDT conclaves, please do reach out to us on email@example.com. And, for any other PIADS CDT enquiries, please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.