'Experience Physics in Person and from Home' The aim of this event is to give you the opportunity to find out a bit more about Physics beyond school level.
We aim to include....
* Interviews with Physics graduates - people in work who studied physics at Queen's
* Presentation of current research in Physics
* In Person - lab/campus tours + experiments + lunch
* Virtual event - Activities to do from home... we plan for everyone to do an experiment on forces between molecules using equipment that everyone will have at home.. full instructions will be provided and one-to-one help with the experiment and data analysis will be available online.
* Information about studying Physics.
* The opportunity to meet and talk to current Physics students in person/online.
Note that this will be an *interactive* programme both in person and online. We also encourage people to work together - so friends are welcome to sign up together and let us know so they can be put on the same day.
The in-person event will be held in Physics at Queen's University Belfast starting at 10.30 am and ending by 4-5 pm The Online event will also start at 10.30 am and run until about 4-5 pm full details about how to join the online event will be sent by email.
This programme is for pupils who were taking AS level Physics and Maths this year and who are at least considering taking A2 Physics and Maths next year. Pupils taking Physics and Maths at an equivalent stage (e.g. first year of senior cycle and taking Leaving Cert. next year) are also very welcome to apply
Experience Physics From Home will be available on 20th, 21st and 22nd June. The programme will be the same on each day--- but note that 20th and 21st will be in person and 22nd will be online
To sign up please go to
Finally, pupils should sign up as soon as possible as we have a limited number of places to offer for this programme