Open to PhD applications in bioresorbable biomaterials including:
- Accelerated test methods for predicting long-term performance of biomaterials
- Bioresorbable polymers used in orthopaedic and cardiovascular applications, for example PLLA, PGA and various co-polymers
- Influence of sterilisation technologies on performance of biomaterials
- Electron beam modification of polymers
- Calcium phosphate biomaterial
- Tissue scaffolds via layer-by-layer manufacture
Four current PhD students and fifteen PhD students successful completed.
Alumni: Where are they now
For example medical device industry: Stryker (www.stryker.com) and Eakin (www.eakin.eu/) and University lectureships.
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Science
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Advanced Materials and Processing
- Material and Advanced Technologies for Healthcare