Call for abstracts - Annual All Ireland Cochrane Conference
The annual All Ireland Cochrane conference is being held on the 10th June 2016 from 9:00am to 4:00pm in Riddel Hall, Queens University Belfast. Registration fee for the event is €45.
The provisional programme for the day is as follows:
Welcomes and Opening
- Donal O’Mathuna, Convenor of Cochrane Ireland.
How do we achieve active, meaningful patient and public involvement in Cochrane reviews?
- Pauline Campbell – Research Fellow, Glasgow Caledonian University.
Food poverty - what is the evidence?
- Liz Mitchell - Director at the Institute of Public Health in Ireland.
How to get evidence into policy: A European Fluoridation Story.
- Mary Rose Sweeney – Senior Lecturer, Dublin City University.
Connecting the gaps between research, policy and practice: Thoughts and experiences from a Cochrane review of parenting programmes for child disruptive behaviour.
- Mairead Furlong – Post-doctoral research fellow, National University of Ireland Maynooth.
Grade Approach to define quality of evidence.
- Toby Lasserson - Senior Editor, Cochrane Editorial Unit.
Practical tips for effective searching for your review.
- Margaret Anderson- Information Specialist for the Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group
Putting evidence to work: A workshop on challenges and possible solutions in knowledge exchange and translation.
- Mairead Furlong - Post-doctoral research fellow, National University of Ireland Maynooth.
Cochrane Fellowships Programme in Ireland.
- Dr Janice Bailie, Assistant Director of HSC R&D Division, Public Health Agency
We hope to see you all on the day,
The Cochrane Ireland Team