BSc (Hons) Midwifery Studies
THIS PROGRAMME HAS BEEN REPLACED BY MSC MIDWIFERY. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Is this programme for me?
This degree programme is designed for Adult trained nurses who are currently working in practice. It results in an additional NMC registration; graduates are then able to work in practice as midwives. To be eligible you should be an NMC registered Adult nurse and be working in Northern Ireland. The programme is funded by the Northern Ireland Department of Health.
How is the programme structured?
The BSc Midwifery Studies programme is completed full time in 20 months. It integrates periods of taught classes with periods of practice.
What entry qualifications do I need?
- Applicants must be able to show that they are registered as an adult nurse with the NMC on Part 12 of the register
- Applicants should have had at least 6 months' post-registration experience as a nurse
- Bachelors Honours degree qualification 2:2 or above
- Recent study within the last 5 years
- Two satisfactory references
- Candidates must be able to meet EU English language requirements.
Please note that these are the minimum entry requirements and may be subject to change.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements should contact the School for advice.
- Candidates will be required to attend for interview.
- Applicants must also undertake a satisfactory Occupational Health assessment and Access NI Enhanced Disclosure check.
Students will be attached to one particular Trust area anywhere within Northern Ireland for placements. We do attempt to allocate each student to a Trust area convenient to their home address, but this is not always possible. The School will make the final decision on placement allocations. On placement students will be expected to follow the shift pattern of the relevant HSCT, including night shifts.
Additional Information for International Students
This programme is not open to International Students.
How do I apply?