Ricki’s research explores questions of identity (religious, philosophical, political) in Latin American literature and art. In particular he is interested in artistic responses to the crises of Modernity and the diversification of self-creation that emerged as a result.
Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Argentine Literature and Art
- The Fantastic in Literature/Art/Film
- Hispanic Surrealism and Avant Garde Movements
- Religion and Spirituality in Hispanic Art and Literature
- Questions of Self and Subjectivity in Latin American Literature and Art
PhD title: 'Ser Mexicano: An Analysis of Performed Identity as Resistance in the Mexican Visual Arts'
Name: Claire Whyte
PhD title: 'Breaking with the “bando de los ninos”: The child as a guide to an aesthetic rupture in avant-garde Spain'
Name: Charlotte Mitchell
Years of Study: 2016 - present