• Conduct a review of existing programmes (including individual modules) being offered at QUB within the Schools of EEECS, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and Physics and any other Schools as relevant to the project.
• Provide assistance to the project team in the development of undergraduate programmes in Mechatronics. This includes curriculum development for both classroom and laboratory-based subjects.
• Contribute to the design of a range of academic-related activities on aspects of curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, including e-learning that are informed by and consistent with the Higher Education sector and institutional priorities, and are responsive to School needs.
• Closely liaise with the project team and other Schools in QUB to support curriculum development with a cross-disciplinary approach. Developing a close working relationship with relevant industry for requirements capture and for their active involvement in the programme.
• Participate in / contribute, as appropriate, to teaching activity in the subject area.
• Present progress reports to the project team on a regular basis.
• Carry out any other duties designated by the line manager and which fall within the general ambit of the post.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING:
• Plan own day-to day activity within the monitoring, evaluation and dissemination plan of the project.
• Coordinate and liaise with other members of the project team, and consortium (if required) over work progress.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Regular contact with University staff, both academic and academic support, to facilitate own work activities within the project and to promote a holistic approach to academic support that encourages engagement.
• Represent and promote curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, at internal and external meetings to ensure that work/issues are appropriately represented and reported and to contribute to collaborative initiatives.
• Liaise on a regular basis with project partners and industry networks on routine and project-specific matters. Attending regular project meetings with project collaborators as and when needed.
• Develop new and strengthen existing relationships with potential stakeholders, participate in relevant networks for the exchange of information for potential collaboration.