Keith Breen’s research areas are political and social theory, his focus being questions of political ethics and philosophies of work and economic organization.
He has published widely in peer-reviewed journals and is the author of Under Weber’s Shadow: Modernity, Subjectivity and Politics in Habermas, Arendt and MacIntyre (2012) and co-editor of After the Nation? Critical Reflections on Nationalism and Postnationalism (2010), Philosophy and Political Engagement: Reflection in the Public Sphere (2016), and Freedom and Domination: Exploring Republican Freedom (2018).
Professor Phinnemore is open to PhD applications in the fields of;
- Political ethics
- Theories/philosophies of work and economic organization
- Democracy and workplace democracy
- Contemporary republicanism
- Just war theory
- The thought of Max Weber, Hannah Arendt, Jürgen Habermas, Alasdair MacIntyre
- Contemporary political and social theory generally