I am open to PhD applications in the fields of…
- Twentieth century Ireland
- Irish revolution (1916-23)
- Women in modern Ireland
- Politics and society in independent Ireland (after 1921)
- The Protestant minority in southern Ireland during and after the revolution
Public outreach & key achievements
- I am a member of advisory committees on historical centenaries for the Church of Ireland, the GAA and the Northern Ireland Office.
- I am an advisor to the Irish Military Archives Military Service Pensions Collection.
- Joint editor of 'Irish Historical Studies' (academic journal)
- Regular contributor to media (TV, radio, press), TV documentaries and public lectures and talks on history topics.
- Contributor to President Michael D. Higgins's 'Machnamh 100' centenary reflections.
|PhD Title||'Cumann na mBan's Military Pensions and Service Medals Campaign: A Fight for Equality, 1924-1958'|
|PhD Title||'Ourselves Alone? Partition, pensions and northern veterans of the Irish Revolution' (2019-24)|
|PhD Title||'The effects of Post-traumatic stress disorder in Post-Revolutionary Ireland'|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Women of the big house families of Ireland and marriage, 1860-1920|
National Trust Collections and House Manager Castle Ward
|PhD Title||T.P. O’Connor and the Irish Parliamentary Party, 1912-24|
|Current Position||Teacher of History and Politics, Down High School|
|PhD Title||Frank Aiken and the Fourth Northern Division : a personal and provincial experience of the Irish Revolution, 1916-1923|
|Current Position||School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University|
- Senator George J. Mitchell Institute for Global Peace, Security and Justice