Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Cellular microbiology of bacterial respiratory pathogens
- Functional genomics of bacterial virulence factors
- Subversion of innate immune cells by infection
- Proteomics approaches to study signaling at the pathogen-host interface
Current Research Opportunities
Public outreach & key achievements
- End of 2017 Gunnar Schroeder was awarded an MRC New Investigator Research Grant to study the role of Legionella virulence factors in the manipulation of the host.
- The Schroeder Team regularly engages with the public and promotes scientific awareness, e.g. at the NI Science Festival and through work-placements for pupils as well as local and international students.
|PhD Title||Deciphering the molecular basis of the global emergence of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria as important human respiratory pathogens|
- Respiratory Medicine