- October 3, 2019
- Open University Belfast Campus: 110 Victoria Street Belfast BT1 3GN
- 10:00 - 12:00
What is FIT?
The BPS Division of Forensic Psychology in Northern Ireland host regular meetings for local forensic practitioners and researchers.
These meet-ups provide a forum for colleagues working with people who have committed offences and related services.
We aim to share understanding and promote trauma informed practice through:
- Peer support
- Sharing ideas and experience
- Promoting trauma informed approaches
Who is FIT for?
Forensic psychologists and other health or criminal justice workers and academics working within the area.
How might a trauma informed approach be relevant?
- Incorporating trauma into formulations of risk and desistance
- Building understanding of trauma into needs assessment, treatment planning, case management and service planning
- Incorporating staff trauma and wellbeing into approaches
- Gathering information about needs within specific populations, to support better planning and service delivery
- Event type
- Add to calendar