BSc Intercalated Psychology
This degree is specifically designed for medical or dental students wishing to extend their experience and qualifications by taking a year out to study Psychology. Students complete five modules over the course of an academic year. This degree path would typically be taken after second or third year.
- You will have the opportunity to study a new subject which is complementary to your primary degree and conduct a piece of research that you are passionate about
- You will gain new skills in term of psychological research methods, theory and applications
- You will receive an iBSc (intercalated Bachelors of Science) in one year
- It will give you a competitive advantage in the job market – particularly for those interested in psychiatry, paediatrics, gerontology, oncology or neurology
- A change is as good as a rest! A year studying Psychology can mean returning to your course mentally refreshed and excited to continue with your medical/dentistry training
- You will have opportunities to participate in cutting edge research, supported by state of the art laboratories and equipment which include: 128 channel EEG systems; a VR system and whole body motion capture; eye movement tracking systems; transmagnetic stimulation; and a comprehensive test collection.
Applications open to students who have successfully completed two years of a Medicine or Dentistry degree programme and who have been granted permission to intercalate from their current School.
Additional information for international students:
Applicants who are non-EEA nationals must satisfy the UK Border Agency immigration requirements for language for visa purposes.
For more information, please visit: http://go.qub.ac.uk/EnglishLanguageReqs
Applications are now being accepted - the closing date for receipt of applications for 2018 entry will be Friday 20th April 2018 at 4pm.
- BSc Intercalated Psychology Degree Information Leaflet (2018)
- View Application Information (2018)
- View BSc Intercalated Psychology Application Form (2018)
- Additional Application Form for students applying outside QUB (2018)
Course Administrator: Dr Matthew Rodger
Phone: +44 (0)28 90 974177
Hear from one of our students
"Considering a career in Psychiatry, I jumped at the opportunity to do the BSc Intercalated Psychology degree. I would highly encourage anyone to take the leap - I gained so much from my year, not only in new skills and knowledge, but also in life experience and expanded ways of thinking."Zarah Fleming
BSc Psychology (Intercalated)