Summer Photo Competition 2018
Psychology at Queen’s Conquers the World Competition 2018
Photo with most famous person
Photo with best of Northern Ireland
Most picturesque photo
Most psychological photo
Best photo including an animal
DATE(S): 14/05/2018 - 14/09/2018.
The School will be running a competition over the summer for the best selfie picture involving a QUB Psychology student or member of staff with the School banner. Pictures MUST include the photo competition banner.
Banners were distributed outside the exam halls and they can also be collected from the Psychology School Office DKB/0G.507 from Friday 4th May 2018.
Selfies with the photo competition banner may be entered via Facebook, Twitter or email in one or more of the following categories:
1. Including most famous person
2. Best of Northern Ireland
3. Most picturesque
4. Most psychological
5. Including an animal
Overall winner: iPad Pro
Other category winners: iPad
Monday 14th May 2018
Friday 14th September 2018 at 11:59pm
Photographs on display
Monday 24th September – Friday 5th October
In DKB Malone Road Foyer
Competition Winners Notified
After 5th October 2018
HOW TO ENTER
Entries can be submitted in any of the following ways.
- Via the School’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/QUBPsych/ using the hashtag #qubpsych
- Via our Twitter account @QUBPsych using the hashtag #qubpsych
- By email to email@example.com
All entries must be submitted by Friday 14th September 2018 at 11:59pm
No entries can be accepted after that time.
The Psychology @Queen’s Photo Competition is open to all current and graduating Psychology students at Queen’s and all staff in the School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast.
- All photos entered must show the student/staff member displaying the official Psychology photo competition banner. These are available from the School General Office, DKB.0G.507.
- Photographs must be taken for the purpose of the Psychology@Queen’s Photo Competition
- Submitted photographs must be the work of the entrant, and entrants must be the sole owner of the entire copyright of all images entered. This is the entrants’ responsibility to fulfil this requirement.
- Photographs should be in full colour and of high visual quality. Images should not be digitally manipulated beyond cropping and tone/lighting enhancements.
- Ideally, the resolution of submitted photographs should be at least 300dpi at A4.
- Photographs can be in portrait or landscape orientation.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the competition, the entrant consents to Queen’s University Belfast:
- Retaining, printing and publishing their photograph(s) along with their name and course for the purposes of the Psychology@Queen’s Photo Competition including, but not limited to, publishing on the School website and social media pages, and displaying their photographs around the University campus.
- Publishing the entrants name, course and photograph(s) without further notice in future materials or publications promoting the University including, but not limited to, the University and School websites, prospectuses or other publications for educational and marketing purposes;
- Storing, processing and retaining data, including entrant’s name, student number and course provided on the application form for the above purposes.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be confirming that they have read, understood and agree to the Psychology@Queen’s Photo Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions.
The School’s Management Board will choose the best entries in each category and then the whole School, both staff and students, will vote to select the overall best photo from the category winners.
Category entries will be judged on how they relate to their category. In selecting the winners, judges also reserve the right to consider images on artistic expressiveness, creativity, quality of the image and also psychology student experience.
For all prizes, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted, the University reserves the right to offer the prize to another shortlisted entry. Additional prizes may be awarded and/or prizes may be shared at judges' discretion. Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated competition rules.
Prize winners will be notified by email after 5th October 2018 and subsequently announced on various platforms including the School website and social media pages.