Hosted by Nick Laird, we announce the winner of this year's annual Poetry Prize and hear readings from the shortlisted and winning writers.
We're delighted to welcome this year's shortlisted writers to a virtual event, celebrating these collections.
- The Station Before, by Linda Anderson (Pavilion Poetry, 2020)
- Arrow, by Sumita Chakraborty (Carcanet, 2020)
- Rose With Harm, by Daniel Hardisty (Salt Publishing, 2020)
- Growlery, by Katherine Horrex (Carcanet, 2020)
- Cannibal, by Safiya Sinclair (Picador Poetry, 2020)
The virtual Award Night will be hosted by chair of the judges panel, and Professor of Poetry at the Seamus Heaney Centre at Queen's, Nick Laird. We'll hear short readings from each of the collections, before the winner is announced.
The Seamus Heaney First Collection Poetry Prize is suported by the Atlantic Philanthropies. Find out more about the Poetry Prize here.
School of Arts, English and Languages Seamus Heaney Centre for Poetry