3 March, 2016
New report published today by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation – The relationship between poverty, child abuse and neglect: an evidence review – by Paul Bywaters, Lisa Bunting, Gavin Davidson, Jennifer Hanratty, Will Mason, Claire McCartan, Nicole Steils
This report identifies and discusses evidence about the relationship between poverty and child abuse and neglect. It explores the economic costs of child abuse and neglect and outlines broad policy implications, with a particular focus on the UK.
The report outlines:
• UK and international evidence about the association between family poverty and child abuse and neglect;
• UK and international evidence about the impact of childhood abuse or neglect on poverty in adulthood;
• evidence about the costs of child abuse and neglect;
• strengths and weaknesses in the evidence base;
• implications for policy-making
The report can be accessed here
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11