Find a PhD Supervisor
Dr Catherine StoreySchool of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work
Dr Storey’s Research is dedicated to improving educational outcomes for children from disadvantaged backgrounds, including Looked-After Children and those from low socio-economic backgrounds. Dr. Storey is invested in improving inclusivity for children with developmental disorders such as Autism.
This research has included exploring the efficacy of Educational Technology as a supplementary instruction tool that could contribute to closing the attainment gap within classrooms. Her DEL funded research from 2013-2016 focused particularly on improving literacy outcomes.
The objective of the research activity is to create an evidence-based package which is accessible for all professionals seeking effective interventions to target low attainment and behavioural solutions within the education system.
Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Educational Technologies
- Inclusive Education
- Developmental Disorders and Challenging Behaviour
- Developmental Disorders and Communication
Public outreach & key achievements
- My work has led to dissemination at the 2018 Knowledge Exchange Seminar Series at Stormont
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work