The Big Switch Off 2018
Switch off this Christmas and win a prize for your School or Directorate
The winners will receive a £250 prize to be used to host a staff event. The winner will be the School and Directorate that achieved the greatest percentage of reduction in energy.
Big Switch Off Twitter Competition
To support the ‘Big Switch Off’ campaign and to help get staff in the festive mood, Green at Queen’s will be running a Christmas twitter competition.
We are encouraging all Staff and students to let us know how you are preparing for this year's Big Switch off, by tweeting their Christmas themed Switch off pictures or videos to @greenatqueens using the hashtag #SwitchOffQUB.
Why not send us your Christmas jumper pictures or Elf yourself Selfies!
Don't be afraid to get your Christmas jumpers on and get creative!
Spot prizes will be awarded to the best entries.
Everyone, don't forget to...
- Close all the windows and doors
- Unplug non-essential equipment
- Check for dripping taps
- Switch off your Kitchen hot-water boiler and empty/defrost the fridge
- Turn down the heating
- Switch off the lights
- Tidy your desk and recycle what you can
If you work in a lab...
- Switch off any chillers
- Rationalise your sample storage
- Defrost fridges and freezers
- Switch off and unplug drying ovens
- Switch off/turn down fune cupboards and bio-safety cabinets
To download your Big Christmas Switch Off poster, click here.
Don't know what you can turn off? Click here to download our Christmas switch off template.