The purpose of the University's LGBT+ Staff Network is to provide a safe, welcoming space for LGBT+ staff in Queen's to regularly meet during work hours, to discuss LGBT+ issues, work matters and to plan social events on and off campus.
This Network is one way in which the University can help demonstrate its commitment to equality, diversity, inclusion and respect for all staff - regardless of their sexual orientation - and support LGBT+ staff in the following ways:
- Through the delivery of the University's Equality Scheme Action Plan which demonstrates its commitment to promoting equal opportunities and good relations.
- By developing relationships with other LGBT+ friendly employers on and off campus (please see below!).
- By helping coordinate and organise staff attendance at LGBT+ events associated with Belfast Pride each year.
- By identifying LGBT+ and straight/cisgender allies as role models and points of contact for our staff.
- By raising awareness of LGBT+ issues and supporting staff training and information sessions each year.
- By working alongside, supporting and advising management and staff on LGBT+ workplace issues.
- By working alongside other employers in Northern Ireland as part of the Stonewall Diversity Champions Network and the Working With Pride Network in the Greater Belfast Area.
- By working alongside community support organisations such as The Rainbow Project and SAIL NI.