The successful candidate must meet the relevant criteria for a chair appointment at Queen’s University Belfast and be committed to playing a leadership role in the delivery of Vision 2020. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, abilities, personal motivation and experience.
Education and Qualifications
- PhD in Finance (any specialisation) or related discipline.
Research and Associated Activities
- Recognised excellence and reputation in subject specialism.
- Sustained publication record of international excellence in field of specialisation.
- Record of securing external research funding.
- Expertise in any area of Finance expertise (although expertise in asset pricing, corporate finance, international finance, quantitative finance or financial economics is particularly welcome).
- Experience of teaching and assessment in Finance at University level.
- Ability to contribute to executive education programmes also desirable.
Management, Administration, and Contribution to the Community
- Substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level in Higher Education.
- Contribution to a wider range of administrative tasks at a more strategic level.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the management of the School in general and the Finance research group in particular.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver a programme of research and develop techniques, sources of funding and/or proven skills in coaching and developing others in best practice techniques.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Involvement in productive external collaboration.
- Ability to provide effective leadership.
- Understanding of resource management processes and skills to apply them effectively.
- Evidence of leadership qualities.
Special Factors and Other Requirements
- Ability to contribute to the School’s international activities.