To undertake research and provide research leadership in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity
- Plan, establish and lead a research group of outstanding quality and national/international repute which enhances the profile of School.
- Sustain an extensive track record of published research findings by publishing in refereed journals and presenting at national/international conferences.
- Lead major funding bids (particularly Research Council UK) which develop and sustain research support for Finance in general and his/her particular specialisation in general and advance the reputation of the School and the University.
- Develop strategies to attract both national and international research students.
- Provide supervision of part-time and full-time research students.
- Direct, mentor and develop research staff.
Oversee the development and review of teaching provision in Finance within the School.
Develop and teach courses or learning programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students within the Finance degree courses, having overall responsibility for their design and quality. Provision of teaching within other courses as and when required.
Plan and review own teaching load and approach to teaching and coach others in doing the same.
Set and mark coursework, supervise and advise undergraduate and postgraduate research students.
Act as internal examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Administrative/Contribution to Community
- May take responsibility for the appointment, development and management of staff.
- Contribute to the running and strategic direction of the University through designated committee representation or project activities.
- Contribute significantly to the development and running of the School by taking on appropriate School co-ordinating roles. Such duties may include, for example, Subject Leader, Director of Research, Module/Year/Programme Co-ordinator or other recognised official University roles.
Planning and Organising
- Plan and deliver research, teaching and outreach programmes and ensure that resources are available. Will involve substantial forward planning over a number of years.
- Be involved in the strategic planning over a number of years for the School and contribute to the University’s strategic planning process.
Resource Management Responsibilities
- Provide academic leadership by co-ordinating the work of others to ensure that courses are delivered effectively or organising the work of a team by agreeing objectives and work plans.
- Develop and manage staff and resources, in support of major research, teaching or outreach activities.
- Act as a personal mentor to peers and colleagues and personal tutor to students.
Internal and External Relationships
- Lead and develop links with internal and external networks, e.g. chairing and participating in Institutional committees, build up contacts with external examiners/assessors, educational bodies, accrediting bodies, employers and professional bodies.