Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Enterprise
THE ROLE OF THE PRO-VICE-CHANCELLOR FOR RESEARCH AND ENTERPRISE
The role of the PVC for Research and Enterprise includes a focus on external opportunities, including building relationships and connectivity with RCUK, International Research Institutes and Foundations and other world class HEIs and Graduate Schools.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Enterprise must be a Professor who is committed to developing the role.
- Demonstrable ability to lead projects in a multi-disciplinary research-led environment;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the REF;
- Commitment to promoting the relevance of the institution’s research in a national and international context, through engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Commitment to the University’s vision and values, together with a passion for the development of a high quality, world leading education and student experience;
- It is essential that the PVC has an outstanding research track record either within an academic or industrial setting. They will need to be credible and have the gravitas to inﬂuence external key stakeholders including funding bodies and political decision makers. Excellent organisational and coordination skills are required to support the preparations for the Research Excellence Framework. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, abilities, personal motivation and experience:
- Signiﬁcant international recognition for research and scholarship, with an established academic track record;
- Academic leadership at a senior level;
- Proven ability to undertake a representational role both within the University and externally, and to communicate with people and organisations at all levels and, in particular, policy-makers and bodies in the public, private and community sectors;
- Developing engagement with local/ regional/national/international funding bodies;
- An understanding of the challenges and strategic issues facing higher education.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply online by submitting a full curriculum vitae, accompanied by a covering letter, outlining, in detail, how you meet the person speciﬁcation.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 5 May 2017.
For informal enquiries, please contact in conﬁdence: Professor Richard English Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Internationalisation and Engagement Tel: +44(0)28 9097 3131 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently under-represented within the Professoriate, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.