The official launch of the University's LGBT+ Staff Network, PRISM, took place on Tuesday 13 November in the Naughton Gallery and was attended by the Vice-Chancellor, senior leaders and staff from across the University.
The launch included speeches by the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Ian Greer, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Conor Curran, and PRISM Co-Chairs, Sally Bridge, Borrower Services Librarian, and Richard Robinson, Head of Accommodation.
The purpose of PRISM is to provide a safe, welcoming space for LGBT+ staff in Queen's to regularly meet during work hours, to discuss LGBT+ issues, work matters and to plan social events both on and off campus.
“A great celebration of people being themselves at work.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 17, 2018
- Brian Parkes, HR Director, on the launch of PRISM @QUBLGBTSN
- Find out more: https://t.co/YFvQogy7JF
#LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff@QUBEqualDiverse @QUBWorkHere @QUBelfast @QUBVChancellor @QUBPeopleFirst pic.twitter.com/nndmSqdGY6
“I think it’s important to have a safe space.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 14, 2018
- Conor Curran, Head of @QUBEqualDiverse on the launch of PRISM @QUBLGBTSN
#LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff@QUBWorkHere @QUBelfast @QUBVChancellor @NaughtonGallery @WellbeingQUB @QUBPeopleFirst pic.twitter.com/4AmGdOWLtW
“It means a great deal. It means that Queen’s is a safe environment.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 13, 2018
- @SallyBridge3, Borrower Services Librarian & PRISM Joint Chair, speaking at the launch of @QUBLGBTSN on support from senior leaders. #LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff @QUBVChancellor @QUBEngagement @QUBEqualDiverse pic.twitter.com/j53wdctMRY
”It’s been a great atmosphere tonight.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 13, 2018
- Richard Robinson, Head of @QueensAccomm & PRISM Joint Chair on the launch of @QUBLGBTSN. #LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff @QUBelfast @QUBEqualDiverse @QUBPeopleFirst @QUBWorkHere @QUBVChancellor @NaughtonGallery @SallyBridge3 pic.twitter.com/qZRwRPE6O7
If you would like to register your interest in joining the Staff LGBT+ Network please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in your email whether you would like to be invited to (a) forthcoming meetings of the Network and/or (b) events organised by the Network.
PRISM is keen to grow their membership and particularly encourages contact from any staff who identify as belonging to the LGBT+ community.
All emails will be treated in confidence.
Follow @QUBLGBTSN on Twitter for information on upcoming events and other activity.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11