Queen's staff recognised in New Year's Honours list 2019
The New Year's Honours list 2019, published on Saturday 29 December, recognised the achievements of five members of staff at Queen's.
- Professor David Livingstone OBE FBA, Professor of Geography and Intellectual History, was named Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for services to Scholarship in Geography, History of Science and Intellectual History.
- Professor Christopher McCrudden FBA, Professor of Human Rights and Equality Law, was named Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for services to Human Rights Law.
- Professor James McElnay, a Professor in the School of Pharmacy and Acting President and Vice-Chancellor (August 2013 – February 2014 and June 2017 – July 2018), was named Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to Higher Education and Pharmacy.
- Renee Starbuck, Cleaner in the School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, was named Medallist of the Order of the British Empire for services to Higher Education.
- Gwen Smyth, Residential Life Manager, Queen’s Accommodation, was named Medallist of the Order of the British Empire for services to Education.