Open Access at AFBI
AFBI Open Access Committee
The remit of the Committee is:
- To offer advice and guidance to AFBI staff, including EMT, in relation to policy development and implementation around Open Access.
- To offer advice and guidance on the management and technical development of the AFBI Institutional Repository – https://afbi.dspacedirect.org.
- To review developments and identify requirements.
- To provide guidance on forthcoming reporting or statutory obligations and to ensure that relevant requirements are met.
- To report progress to EMT, raising issues and risks.
The objectives of the Committee are:
- To promote and review Open Access Policies for AFBI (view the OA Policy here and the Institutional Repository Policy here).
- To oversee the implementation of the Open Access Policy and to input to future policy development.
- To deliver an institutional repository for pre-print manuscripts.
- To review developing requirements around the Institutional Repository.
The Library provides training and support on copyright and Open Access for AFBI staff. As part of the Library training programme, we regularly host Open Access update sessions in collaboration with the Open Access Officer at Queen's University Belfast. More information on upcoming Open Access update sessions can be found on the Library Training Events webpage.
We also welcome any queries on copyright or Open Access and can provide personalised training sessions for individuals or groups at all AFBI locations. Should you have any queries or would like further information, please contact:
- Newforge: Patrick Elliott – 028 9025 5227 / email@example.com