The Graduate School

Postgraduate Taught Students

Where do I find information about tuition fees?

The Student Finance Office are responsible for the administration of tuition fees.  Information regarding tuition fees is available on their web pages and by contacting them directly (see details below).

Student Finance Office
Student Guidance Centre
Queen's University Belfast


Telephone: 028 9097 2767

I need some help with writing my Masters dissertation. Where can I go?

The Graduate School offeres a range of workshops to support postgraduate taught students in the completion of their studies. Our current 2016/2017 Workshop Series is available for current students to book through MyFuture.

Topics include:

  • Literature Search
  • Essay Writing
  • Critical Reading & Writing
  • Referencing
  • Presentation Skills
  • Literature Review
  • Dissertation & PhD Proposal

For further information please contact The Graduate School

How do I submit a Taught Masters dissertation?

  • Information on submitting a postgraduate taught dissertation is available here.
  • Your dissertation should be submitted no later than the following dates:
  • For December Graduation: 15 September
  • For Summer Graduation: 1 May
  • Text, layout, style and binding instructions should be outlined by your School, typically in your
  • School handbook
  • CDS offer a dissertation binding service on campus. Click here for more information about their services or you can ring them directly on (028) 90 313865 if you would prefer.

How do I register for graduation?

  •  Graduation is organised and co-ordinated by the Student Records and Exams Office who are based in the Student Guidance Centre.  Please see their web pages for all of the current information on graduation (Student Records and Exams - Graduation).  If you have any queries regarding graduation, please contact their office on 028 9097 2727 or at
  • Graduation ceremonies are organised for July and December of each academic year.
  • Please note that  you must register to graduate even if you wish to defer or not attend. You cannot register for graduation until you have been awarded your degree classification.
  • Registration for graduation is via your QSIS account.  (Self Service -> Degree Progress/Graduation -> Register for Graduation (this will take you into a page called “My Ceremony”).  If you have any problems, please contact the Student Guidance Centre on 028 9097 2727 or .


I'm graduating soon, where can I get careers advice?

  • Now is the time to get familiar with the Careers website at Queen's.
  • There are weekly lists of graduate jobs, placements and careers events provided online.
  • The Student Guidance Centre operates a drop in careers service between 10am - 12.30pm and between 2pm - 4.30pm Monday to Friday. This service provides first-come-first-served 15-20 minute careers consultations with a trained careers advisor. 
  • E-Guidance is an online service where you can ask questions, and input your contact details in order to receive a response.
  • There is also a one-to-one careers guidance service which is available to students up to two years after graduation. A one-to-one guidance appointment with your subject specific careers advisor lasts 45 minutes and needs to be booked in advance via the MyFuture system or calling 028 9097 2727. The service is in high demand approaching application deadlines so it is recommended that you book well in advance to secure your appointment.
  • For further information or for general queries outside of the above, you can email PGR students can email Rebecca Boyd, at

How do I order copies of my academic transcripts?

Copies of your academic transcripts can be ordered online from Student Records here

Offical copies of transcripts cost £5 per copy. Unofficial copies are free.

How do I get a letter for the Student Loans Company to let them know that I am a postgraduate student?

You can get this by contacting the Student Guidance Centre directly, or visiting their information desk.

I am an International Student. Is it acceptable to apply to Queen's with a letter stating my English language proficiency rather than an English Language qualification?

International students (for whom English is not thier first language) must be able to demonstrate their competence in English in order to benefit fully from their course of study or research. Non-EEA nationals must also satisfy the UK Border Agency (UKBA) immigration requirements for English language proficiency before the university can issue a Confirmation of acceptance fro Studies (CSA) for visa purposes.


For full details of the QUB English Language Requirements, please click here 

What are the postgraduate taught tuition fees?

All fees are dealt with here


If you have an enquiry, you can call the Fees Helpline on 028 9097 2767.

How do I update my personal details for the university?

You can change or update your presonal details using QSIS, which is accessible when you log in to Queen's Online (QOL).

Changes such as contact details and change of address can be done online by the student.


If you wish to change your name (in the case of marriage etc.) you will have to speak to an advisor at the Student Guidance Centre. Please bring a copy of the deed poll or marriage certificate as well as photographic ID with you. Further information is available here