The 5th IFAC Conference on Intelligent Control and Automation Sciences (ICONS 2019) will be held at Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland, 21-23 August 2019. ICONS serves as a platform for scientists, researchers, and practitioners to discuss their forefront research results and findings, to shape their future directions and development, and to exchange their knowledge and perspectives in the field of intelligent control, automation science, engineering, and its integration into industry and society. It constitutes the primary forum for cross-industry, multidisciplinary research, and provides an opportunity to have a unique and rich cultural experience with excellent technical and social programs.
ICONS 2019 will feature keynote addresses, tutorials, and peer reviewed technical presentations and special sessions, all of which will be included in the registration. Special session proposals and technical papers are solicited on all aspects of Intelligent Control and Automation Science, from theory to applications. Topics of interest
- Computational intelligence methods in modelling, systems identification and control
- Neural networks, evolutionary computing, fuzzy techniques
- Swarm Intelligence (ant colony, particle swarm, differential evolution, cultural algorithms)
- Training and adaptation algorithms, constructive algorithms, structures for computational intelligence, design methodologies
- Search methods and decision-making
- Machine learning and deep learning in modelling, prediction, control and automation
- Biologically plausible neural networks, computational neuroscience
- Neurodynamic optimization and adaptive dynamic programming
- Brain computer interfaces and cognitive architectures,
- Human-machine interaction, cobotics, and augmented reality systems
- Neuroinformatics and bioinformatics
- Hybrids of computational intelligence systems
- Intelligent systems and instrumentation: smart systems, sensors, actuators
- Hybrid and distributed systems
- Data fusion and data mining; knowledge processing and representation, cloud computing
- Intelligent agents, multi-agent systems, swarm robotics
- Cognitive robotics, autonomous systems
- Health monitoring and prognostics: fault detection and diagnosis, predictive maintenance
- Intelligent control and automation of cyber physical systems
- Nonlinear control and its applications
- Real-time aspects of intelligent control
- Architectures for real-time intelligent-control (special processors, parallel processing, FPGAs, etc.)
Application areas of interest include transport, medical and biomedical, biology, aerospace, automation, biotechnology, manufacturing, process control, industry 4.0, additive manufacturing/3D printing, mechatronics, robotics and autonomous systems, power electronics, power systems, smart grids, agriculture, environmental systems, economics and business systems, smart cites, assisted living technologies, healthcare, and emerging areas.
Papers and special session proposals should be submitted via the IFAC Conference Manuscript Management System website at http://ifac.papercept.net/.
All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings of the meeting, will be hosted on-line on the IFACPapersOnLine.net website and will be indexed in SCOPUS.
Download Call for Papers
If you have any queries about the ICONS 2019 conference then please feel free to get in touch with the Organising Committee