Here is a taste of the programme:
- How to speak 'Belfast' - learn about local slang.
- Cultural Adjustment - making the most of differences.
- Studying at Queen's - preparing you for a different academic experience.
- Accommodation - both University and private sector. Learn about how housing contracts work, what is expected of you, and how to make sure you get the best value for money!
- Keeping healthy - from local food to fitness facilities and doctors.
- Having fun!! - join in the busy programme of social events and activities for international students
Right to Study Checks for NON-EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss national, the University is required to check your immigration documents to ensure that you have correct immigration permission to study at Queen's before you can enrol. All non-EU/EEA/Swiss students must present their passport and visa or other immigration permission to International Student Support, who will take a photocopy and check your right to study. This process is normally carried out during International Welcome and Orientation. It is very important that you get the correct immigration permission to study at Queen's. For more information about immigration, please see our Visas and Immigration section, read our FAQ section, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if you have an ATAS certificate, you must provide a copy of this to International Student Support when your Right to Study check is being carried out.