Skip to Content

PBS Dependant Visa

PBS Dependant Visa

PBS Dependant Visa
Bring your Family to the UK for more than 6 months

If you are a non-UK/Irish national and you are coming to study in the UK at Queen’s University Belfast as a postgraduate student for more than nine months or as a government sponsored student for more than six months, you will usually be able to bring your spouse/partner and any child under 18 to the UK as your dependants using the PBS Dependant Visa route.

Visa Requirements

You must be able to demonstrate to UKVI that you can support your family financially without having to rely on UK state support.

A certificate of marriage, or other proof of your marital/civil partnership status or relationship status will be required.

Your family will be permitted to stay in the UK only for as long as your taught course or research programme continues.

If immigration permission is granted, your family member should be able to work in the UK (providing they are over 16 years old). They should not require a work permit in these circumstances.

Your family member can find full information about applying as a PBS Dependant, including a link to current UKVI PBS Dependant guidance and application form, on the UKVI website. 

More Information

Home Office
PBD Dependant Visa
Click Here
Click Here

If your family member is unsure about any specific part of the visa application form, you can send through their query to and our team will do our best to help them.

Visas & Immigration
V&I Webpage
International Student Support
ISS Webpage