Standard Visitor Visa

Standard Visitor Visa

Bring Your Family to the UK for less than 6 months

If your friend or family member is coming to visit you for a holiday or graduation they will come as a general visitor. Depending on their nationality, they may need to apply for a standard visitor visa before they come here (known as entry clearance).

Some friends or family members can come to the UK without applying for entry clearance, but they will still need to bring certain documents with them to show to Immigration Officers at the airport. You can find all of the information that you need on the UK Visas & Immigration website below.

Click here for more information

Visas & Immigration

V&I Webpage

International Student Support

ISS Webpage