Inviting your friend or family member to stay for less than six months

We hope that your friends and family will come to visit you in Northern Ireland. 

If your friend or family member is coming to visit you for a holiday they will come as a general visitor.  Depending on their nationality, they may need to apply for a visitor visa before they come here (known as entry clearance).  Some friends or family members can come to the UK without applying for entry clearance, but they will still need to bring certain documents with them to show to Immigration Officers at the airport.  You can find all of the information about who needs to apply for entry clearance, links to the online application and other guidance on the UK Visas & Immigration website.