The aim of IUGS-IFG is, ‘to develop forensic geology internationally and promote its applications’.
The objectives of the IUGS-IFG are to:
1. Collate and disseminate data and information on forensic geology applied to policing and law enforcement, criminal, environmental and civil investigations
2. Promote international meetings, seminars, conferences and training
3. Develop a Committee to act as principal advisers, collaborators and active participants
4. Develop an international network whereby each ‘member’ will act as a principal contact in their respective country for the collation and dissemination of information on forensic geology
5. Collate, make available and where appropriate review any existing documentation and publications in forensic geology
6. Produce a document endorsed by the IUGS Executive Committee called; ‘A Guide to Forensic Geology’.