- What if I was already on Thesis Only status at the point of lockdown?
If you were already on thesis-only status at the start of lockdown, you have a 3 additional months of registration at the end of your 12 month period (15 months total).
- What if I have changed status since the end of March, and already paid a fee?
If you have come to the end of your funding or changed status to Thesis Only since 23rd March, and already paid for your registration, then please contact your School. They will make arrangements with Student Registry (email@example.com) to put in place the 3 months without charges, refunding payments where appropriate. Students who need 3 months’ extension to complete their research should have this applied before moving to Thesis Only status.
- What if I was registered at the point of lockdown (23 March), but have since taken a Temporary Withdrawal (Leave of Absence)?
If you were registered at the start of lockdown (including as a returning student), but have since that time taken a temporary withdrawal, then you are eligible for the three months without fees when you reach the end of your funding or normal period of studies.
- What if I was on a Temporary Withdrawal (Leave of Absence) before lockdown?
If you registered for the 2019-20 academic year (including as a returning student), and have since that time taken a temporary withdrawal, you are eligible for the three months without fees when you reach the end of your funding or normal period of studies.
- What if I am on a taught component of a professional / integrated doctorate?
If you were completing taught elements of professional / integrated doctorates at the point of lockdown (23 March), provisions to mitigate disruption are made within the taught regulations.
- What if I am making corrections to my dissertation following my viva examination?
The 3 month FTE extension also applies to students completing corrections post-viva from 23rd March. You need to notify your School if this is needed, so your internal examiner can be informed.
You may be in a situation not covered by any of the options below. If you get in touch with your School, they will work with Student Registry and Postgraduate Awards to determine how this applies to your situation.