To make a quick reference Bedside Pack please select from the options below. The documents are designed to be printed A4 double sided and laminated.
1) Daily Bedside Reminder COMFORT B- double-sided document with essential jobs for completion by the bedside staff on each shift to the front. The rear has a reminder of the COMFORT B target zones and associated actions to the rear.
2) Daily Medic Reminder COMFORT B- double-sided document with essential jobs for completion by the Medical staff on each wardround to the front. The rear has a reminder of the COMFORT B target zones and associated actions to the rear.
3) COMFORT B Explained- double-sided document with pointers on how to complete the COMFORT B score to the front. The rear of the document has a detailed breakdown of the categories scored with guidance on how to interpret each category.
4) COMFORT B “Do’s & Don’ts” Refresher- single sided document with the essentials of how to utilise the COMFORT B score within the SANDWICH Bundle to optimise patient sedation and COMFORT levels.
5) COMFORT B Titrations Guides- please select the most appropriate titration guide for your ICU according to the Pain Score associated with each version. This document is a double-sided titration guide for COMFORT B scores. The front has a basic titration guide with a pain score. The rear has information on each of the corresponding sections of the front of the guide to give instructions that are more detailed on appropriate actions to take for each zone of the COMFORT B score.
- COMFORT B with Nurse Reported (NRS) pain score
- COMFORT B with 0-10 pain score
- COMFORT B with FLACCS pain score
- COMFORT B with Baker Wong FACES pain score
- COMFORT B with CRIES pain score
- COMFORT B with NIPS pain score
- COMFORT B with Alder Hey Triage (AHTPS) pain score
6) Bedside Checklist with completed scenario examples- please choose the most appropriate example for your PICU setting.
- Bedside record sheet PICU example
- Bedside record sheet CICU example with modified Sao2 criteria
7) Bedside Checklist Criteria Explained – double sided document with guidance on interpretation of the assessment criteria to the front and guidance on next steps to follow to the rear.
8) SBT & Extubation Key- document giving further explanation on how to use the key to give appropriate reasons for not progressing to an SBT when the bedside screen is passed, or reasons for not progressing to extubation when the patient passes an SBT.
9) Spontaneous Breathing Trial Guide- document to give more information on how to conduct an SBT with pointers on how to optimise the patient prior to commencing the SBT.
10) Ward Round Guide- refresher poster to remind staff of the four questions to be answered on the ward round with expanded points for discussion to prompt appropriate discussion within the MDT.
The Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
Queen's University Belfast
97 Lisburn Road
Tel: (+44) 028 9097 1643