Learning at Work Week 2017, 15th to 21st May
Curious and Creative
Learning at Work Week 2017 will take place between 15th-21st May, with the theme Curious and Creative. So if you are feeling “Curious and Creative”, here are a few sessions to come along to.
Thinking Creatively – 15 May 2017, 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
This workshop will help you to find and stretch your creative thinking muscles. It is a fun session with lots of practical exercises. Suitable for all.
TED Talks Screened – Creative and Curious – 17 May 2017, 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
We have chosen some of the best TED talks to view on screen with the theme of Creative and Curious with a chance for questions and discussion at the end.
Suitable for all. A sandwich lunch will be included.
Demonstrations – Get Creative using Microsoft Publisher, Visio, Powerpointand PiktoChart–18 May 2017, 12.00 noon – 1.00 pm
This is a series of short demonstrations to show you how creative you can be using Microsoft Publisher, Visio, Powerpoint and PiktoChart. It is a taster session which will introduce you to some of the more creative uses of the software including creating infographics. Suitable for all.
To book a place on any of these sessions, log onto Queens Online - www.qub.ac.uk/qol - then select Training Courses from the list on the left of the page and follow the link for iTrent Self Service.
Creativity in Pictures
A picture paints a thousand words. Send us a picture of anything creative that you or colleagues have or are doing and we will tweet it for the World to share and see! Hopefully that will spawn other creative activities and other opportunities for networking at work and beyond. Send your pic to LearnAtWork@qub.ac.uk
Follow us on twitter @QueensStaffDev
LEARNING AT WORK WEEK FREE LEARNING MATERIALS
Learning Styles Questionnaire from Pearson TalentLens
As part of Learning at Work Week, Pearson TalentLens are pleased to offer you the chance to try the freshly updated Learning Style Questionnaire and to receive a Learning Style Report.
Access the LSQ: https://login. talentlens.co.uk/v2/UUKZHTPYUG
Free access to Learning Heros for LAW Week
Learning Heroes is giving unlimited FREE access to their content during Learning at Work Week.
This Link gives you access to the Learning Heroes CustomerHub.
The CustomerHub includes:
- Bite-sized Animated e-Learning Modules - SCORM modules to use in your LMS
- Course Trailers – 1 minute previews allowing you to share snippets that will drive engagement
- Animated Explainer Videos – for use in classroom training or on your intranet pages
- Workbooks – great for reference material and allowing the learning to continue offline
- Presenter Packs – to ease integration with bigger training programmes
- Info-graphics – promote courses internally and also highlight key learning outcomes
- Badges – recognise the learning journey of your team
- Stock Artwork/Images - build your own resources to match