Learning for All - Communicating Effectively
To be confirmed.
To be confirmed.
With the ever increasing need to collaborate and have open and honest conversations in the workplace, the need to communicate effectively is a core skill for all employees. Developing awareness of our own abilities with this skill allows us to hone and produce more effective communications. This workshop aims to enhance understanding of your preferred communication style and how you can communicate with more impact.
You will explore the benefits of effective workplace communications and develop awareness of your own communication style. Equipped with this understanding you will explore how to identify others’ styles. You will have the opportunity to undertake a self-assessment to understand your communication style and how to best use this knowledge. You will also explore the concept of Emotional Intelligence and the power of assertiveness in effective communications.
- Introduction to the importance of professional communications
- Develop an understanding of what is meant by effective communications
- Build your communications toolkit
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence and its central role in communications
- Complete a self-assessment of your communications preference and develop awareness of how others communicate
- Develop your understanding of how you add impact to your style of communication.
- Learn and apply a technique for assertive communications.
- Action planning for application in the workplace.
Register via iTrent Self-Service
Course Contact DetailsName: Organisational Development
New Course: Yes
Course Type(s): Administrative Skills, Communication Skills, Personal and Career Development
Staff Categories: All Staff
Keywords: Communicating, Communication, Effective, Effectively, Awareness, Assertiveness, Assertive, Learning for All