Learning for All - Delivering Engaging Learning Sessions Remotely
03 February 2021, 09:30 - 12:30
02 March 2021, 09:30 - 12:30
Delivering and facilitating engaging remote learning is becoming increasingly important in the current learning environment (alongside traditional classroom learning and facilitation). Lecturers/facilitators will need to adapt their communication style and content design to the remote environment. Challenges can be mitigated by enhancing professional skills for the Lecturers/facilitators and positive, timely and supportive communication to the learners.
Participants will develop their understanding and skills required for designing, communicating and delivering learning sessions remotely using Teams (or similar tools). Participants will have the opportunity to assess their current practice by delivering a short presentation and receiving immediate peer to peer feedback. Finally, participants will gain practical tips and share best practice on presenting remotely from both the facilitator and colleagues attending the session.
- How to present yourself and engage people while communicating remotely.
- Remote learning sessions design principles using the 70:20:10 model.
- Fundamentals on communication skills in a remote environment and Identification of possible barriers to communication and how to overcome these.
- How to maintain participants’ attention and engagement.
- Tips and suggestions on how to adapt personal facilitation style when using the video conference tool of choice (Teams).
- Action planning with tips for application - participants will be encouraged to make personal commitments within their own context.
Please register via iTrent Self-Service
Course Contact DetailsName: Organisational Development
New Course: Yes
Course Type(s): Communication Skills, Leadership, Management and Supervisory, Personal and Career Development
Staff Categories: All Staff
Keywords: Learning for All, Engaging Remote Learning, Working Remotely, Teams, Communicating