The information below covers the following:
- Steps required to create your first or a new Vevox session
- The Setup Tab
- The Features Tab
- The Identification Tab
- The Theme Tab
- The Sharing Tab
Creating Your First or a New Vevox Session
The short video and the steps below will help you create your first Vevox session.
Creating a Vevox Session - Video Guide
This short video provides an overview of how to create a session within Vevox.
Steps for Creating Your First or a New Vevox Session
Whether you are creating your first session or creating a new session the steps stay the same.
- Log in to the the Queen's University Vevox Dashboard using your University credentials (Email address and password).
- Press the 'Create Session' button.
- Enter your new session name.
- Press 'Create'.
Note: The default identification setting for newly created sessions is Anonymous. This means that your participants are not required to enter a profile name to participate. Your participants will also not be identified in any reporting.
From here you can select the options menu (three dots) next to the session name to:
- Change the session settings
- Duplicate the session
- Invite participants or
- Delete the session
When you click on the Settings option in the main navigation menu you will find a new pop-up window giving you setting options for each tab.
The Setup Tab
General session info, session date, session name, the title of your session, a subheading and then a description (or agenda) of what you are going to share with your participants during the session. (The title, subtitle and description sections will appear on your participant app, once participants have joined your session). You can also add labels to your session card to make it easy when searching for a specific session.
Note: The scheduled start date and time is only used for reference in the joining instruction for participants as well as listing your meeting sessions in order of your upcoming & past sessions. (By adding a start date and time, will not automatically start your session. You will still need to start and stop your session manually.)
The Features Tab
Provides access to features such as:
- Q&A settings - sharing a Q&A message board with your participants as well as the moderation setting for the Q&A board.
- Poll settings - with the profanity filter, and also the on/off option to automatically display the voting results on poll close.
- Present view settings -This section allows you to show the joining instructions with the 9-digit Session ID and/or to use a QR code to invite participants.
In this section you select the settings if you want your participants to stay anonymous or have them identified during a session. You can also set up a passcode here, or SAML SSO authentication. Choose between the different participant identification options:
- Anonymous - for sessions with or without passcode protection. Participants will always be completely anonymous in this mode, even in the data reporting.
- Identified - these sessions allow you to get your participants to enter a name or use SAML authentication to identify them.
- Show names - participants names will be visible to all other participants on the Q&A board. All live polls and survey answers will be identifiable in the data report.
- Hide names - participants names will be hidden on the Q&A board. Any messages sent to the Q&A board will be still identifiable in the data report. Additionally, all live polls and survey answers will be identifiable in the data report.
- Participant's choice - participants can choose for themselves if they would like to be visible or anonymous when using Q&A. Any Q&A messages sent anonymously will be completely anonymous to other participants and in the data report. All live polls and survey answers will be identifiable in the data report.
The Sharing Tab
If you want to share your meeting with a colleague or another party to help manage the session when you are presenting.