The information below covers the following:
- Using the 9 digit Session ID
- Using the QR code
- How to disable the QR code
- Can you remove the Session ID?
Once your session has been created you are ready to invite people to join.
There are two ways participants can join your session. They can either join your session using a 9 digit Session ID or using a QR code. There are a couple of ways how you can communicate this to your participants.
Option 1: Using the 9 digit Session ID to invite participants
Before the session
- Go to your sessions list in your dashboard.
- Select the correct session card for your session and press the 'more options' (or three dots) icon. Alternatively hover over the actual session card. It will bring up the option to view the session or invite participants.
- Select 'Invite participants'. A pop-up with session details will appear.
- Select ‘Copy’ and press the close option.
- Your invitation details showing your 9 digit Session ID is now copied to your clipboard.
- You can now paste this information in your calendar to send the meeting invite, paste it in WhatsApp, send it via email, send an SMS, or use any other electronic platform you wish.
Or you can also find the Session Invitation details when you go to the session information panel in the top middle of your screen when using the drop-down arrow.
During the session
When you launch Present view the joining instructions automatically appear on the left side of the display.
Note: They will remain here permanently so that any latecomers to your session can always see how to join the Vevox app and participate.
Participants now need to:
- Open the Vevox app or the web client on their devices.
- Enter the 9 digit Session ID.
- Press 'Join'
Option 2: Using a QR Code to Invite Participants
To make it as easy as possible for your participants to join your Vevox session we also have a QR code in the Present view. Participants can use the camera on their mobile devices to scan the QR code and automatically join the session. This feature is on by default. The QR code can be used for live or online events.
At any time, you can click on the QR code in Present view to enlarge it, so participants in the room can use their phones and scan it with their camera. Click again to reduce the size of the OR code.
The QR code will display on the left side of Present view together with the standard joining instructions. Once participants have scanned the QR code, a link will automatically open up on their mobile devices taking them directly to the welcome screen for the session.
Note: If you are using the PowerPoint add-in to present to your audience or you would like to send the QR link to participants before the meeting:
- Insert an instruction slide at the beginning of your slide deck.
- A slide with the joining steps will automatically appear in your presentation.
- Add this QR code to your Word, PowerPoint, email, WhatsApp, or messages.
How to Disable the QR Code
- Select the 'Settings' menu in the main navigation bar.
- Select the 'Features' tab at the top.
- Toggle the 'Show QR code' setting off.
- Press 'Save'.
Can you remove the Session ID?
Yes you can remove the website URL or the Session ID. There is a toggle in the present view options to stop it from appearing. Go to your session in the sessions list. Select the more options (three dots) on your session card, and go to the features tab. In the middle of the pop-up you can toggle the 'Show joining instructions' to off.