Upgrades to Mediasite services
A major update to Mediasite server was implemented on 20 November 2018. This upgrade includes brand new hardware and makes improvements to My Mediasite and Mediasite Desktop Recorder software used by staff.
On 20 November 2018 the new servers went live with version 7.2.2 of Mediasite Video Platform (MVP). The upgrade provides a large number of improvements:
- Brand new, faster servers to improve processing time and speed of response;
- Improved playback support for mobile devices;
- More streamlined and interactive integration with Canvas, Moodle and other VLEs;
- New version of My Mediasite, the staff portal used for video management;
- New version of Mediasite Desktop Recorder, the personal recording software available to all staff;
- Better integration between My Mediasite and Mediasite Desktop Recorder;
- New functionality within the server (watch this space).
We are in the process of updating our online and in-person training materials, but in the meantime Mediasite has provided the following set of training videos to provide guidance to users on the new Mediasite software. For upcoming hands-on Mediasite training, keep an eye on iTrent.
This update is in line with the Information Services Directorate's drive towards greater usage of interactive technology and visual media across Queen's University Belfast and its associated colleges. It also paves the way towards the directorate's aim of increased lecture capture. Look out for more updates to what we can provide!
If you have any queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please file a ticket on the IT Service Desk (using category Services | Learning and Teaching | Mediasite).